In Neil Motley’s How-To Series with 21st Century Equipment, he introduces the seamless functionality of the John Deere 1025R tractor, featuring a 48-inch rotary cutter and the highly efficient John Deere iMatch Quick Hitch. Whether you're managing prairie grass or maintaining pastures, the powerful rotary cutter proves to be the ultimate tool. Neil demonstrates the effortless use of John Deere's iMatch quick hitch, enabling convenient attachment removal and reattachment on the rear three-point. The Quick Connect PTO shaft connection is highlighted for its remarkable ease of use. Follow along as Neil walks you through the step-by-step process of attaching and detaching the rotary cutter, simplifying your mowing tasks.
Detach Rotary Cutter:
- Before removing the rotary cutter, ensure that the attachment is placed securely on the ground. Even with the tractor turned off, lowering the attachment to the ground is essential for a safe removal process.
- Leveraging the user-friendly iMatch Quick Hitch attachment, raise the lever to release the pins situated at the bottom on both sides of the cutter.
- Utilize the John Deere Quick Connect feature to disengage the PTO shaft from the back of the tractor. Lift the PTO cover and locate the silver tab on the PTO coupler, then press to release. You're now ready to drive the tractor away!
Attach Rotary Cutter:
- To reconnect the rotary cutter to the 1025R, begin by aligning the top hook on the iMatch with the top pin on the rotary cutter. This step requires minimal effort. Once aligned, raise the three-point and let the iMatch do the work.
- With the rotary cutter slightly lifted off the ground, lower the two levers and secure the attachment in place.
- The Quick Connect Coupler is designed for simplicity and ease of use. There's no need to align splines; simply slide it on until you hear a confirming click, indicating that it's locked into place. Once started, the coupler will automatically align and lock itself in place. You're now all set to go.