Z300 Series Zero-Turn Mowers
Z375R ZTrak™ Mower with 54-in. Deck
- 25 hp* (18.6 kW) V-Twin engine
- 54-in (137 cm) Accel Deep™ Mower Deck, compatible with optional MulchControl™ kit
- 18-in seat with armrests, rubber floor mats, foot lift, and premium control levers come standard
- 2-year/120-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty
- Flagler, CO - 1 available
A V-twin engine with 44.2-cu in. (724-cc) displacement provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Engine model M44 ELS
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeves for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Spin-on oil filter with pressure lubrication for keeping the oil cleaner for long engine life and extended time between oil changes; pressure lubrication is also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- Easy access to the no-tools oil drain valve for oil changes
- Rear engine guard for protecting the engine and providing additional strength and integrity
The Z375R engine has extended life series (ELS) features for enhanced performance and longer life.
Replaceable fuel filter and oil filter are easy to access and change to minimize service time and cost.
John Deere recommends the use of fuel stabilizer in gasoline. See Fuel-Protect for gasoline engines (8 oz [237 mL]) for more information
The Z365R and Z375R have full-featured engines with extended life series (ELS) features that are engineered to deliver world-class endurance and power. A step above the competition, it is designed to be more dependable and longer lasting, saving time and money over the long run. They are built to exceed demanding needs by incorporating premium features and innovative designs:
- Overhead valve (OHV) design for cooler operation and longer valve life
- Contains an advanced debris management system that directs cooling air through the rotating screen to the air cleaner compartment, where large debris is pre-filtered through ejector slots
- Keeps unfiltered air out of the engine through a large, dual-sealed, premium oval-shaped cartridge-style filter
- Ensures maximum protection for extended engine life with the premium air cleaner, a pleated paper filter with a foam precleaner
- Captures fine particles for maximum protection and extended maintenance
- Provides maximum protection with full-pressure lubrication system
- Pumps oil by a mechanical gerotor-style pump to all critical engine components
- Enhances the system through a premium automotive-style spin-on oil filter, which removes over 95 percent of oil contaminates
- A premium bearing package for improved durability; includes a super-finished crank pin bearing with a 50 percent smoother surface to increase load capacity by 35 percent
- Uses a premium DU Teflon®-coated bearing
- Helps resist wear and increases durability through self-lubricating bronze bearing
- Wear-resistant chrome-plated valve stems for long-life valves
- 44 percent smoother for longer life
- Cast-iron cylinder sleeve for extended life
- Dependable float-feed type carburetor with integral fuel pump
- High-capacity fuel filter for dependable operation
- Maintenance-free electronic ignition for quick, dependable starts
- Platinum spark plugs for extended life
Teflon is a trademark of The Chemours Company FC, LLC.
The 54-in. (138-cm) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a stamped-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds or in tall grass:
- 4.83-in. (12.3-cm) deep throughout the entire deck shell for optimum mowing and mulching performance
- Optional MulchControl™ system provides superior mulching performance and versatility.
- Stamped-steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and diminish mowing performance
- Mower deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and level cut
- Adjustable mower wheels, positioned just above ground level, help reduce scalping
- 0.25-in. (6.4-mm) cut-height increments allow the mower to be set at the desired cut height
Excellent cut quality
Deep mower-deck stamping gives excellent cut quality. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck without getting recut:
- Reducing the amount of recutting enables more power to be used to cut incoming grass, which greatly improves mower capacity.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at faster mowing speeds
- Clean flow of material out of discharge area prevents cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass, making it possible for the blades to cut incoming material cleanly.
- Even in mulching mode, cut evenness is improved compared to other designs because the additional depth allows for continuous circulation, optimal recutting, and an even distribution of clippings.
Productivity - getting the job done fast
Deep mower-deck stamping gives high productivity, which gets the job done fast. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck quickly, reducing the amount of recutting so more power is available to process incoming grass:
- Greatly improves mowers capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance in difficult mowing conditions and at higher speeds
Large discharge opening is both high and wide to handle more material:
- Gives a smooth, even discharge of clippings at all mowing speeds
- Reduces the chance of plugging, especially important when operating in wet, thick, or dense grass
Cleanliness - for the mower and the operator
The flat-top shape of the deck stamping is optimal for keeping itself and the operator clean:
- There are few places to catch and hold material on top and underneath the deck.
- Top of deck stays cleaner, reducing time and effort needed for cleaning and service
- Underside of deck is self-cleaning to maintain optimum performance without buildup of material to interfere with the flow of air and clippings
- Less need to clean and remove buildup of material from underside deck
- The depth of the Accel Deep Mower Deck minimizes the amount of material that escapes from the front of the deck
- Limited amount of material to drift onto the operator and mower deck
- Even for material discharged out the chute, less recutting results in larger pieces that are less likely to end up on the operator
- Mulching prevents the discharge of material completely and MulchControl makes mulching a practical solution for most mowing situations.
Cleaning a mower deck, both top and bottom, is one of the most frequent maintenance activities:
- The flat-top design reduces places for material to build up and makes material that does collect easy to remove.
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy.
- Hose connector is included with the mower deck.
Superior durability is designed in
The 54A Mower Deck has strong spindle pockets, to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough service:
- Stamped from strong 10-gauge, 0.135-in. (3.4-mm) steel
- Ribs in the deck shell add strength where it is needed.
Mower wheels are double captured:
- Provides greater strength and durability for longer, trouble-free life.
- Single-bolt adjustment makes setting wheels to the correct height for the cutting height quick and easy.
Low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on engine lower bearings and mower deck bearings for longer life.
The 54A Mower Deck features a 5/8-in. (16-mm) diameter solid-steel rod side bumper that provides extra strength and protection.
Dual-stage E-coat and powder-paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
Versatility - easy to change between side discharge and mulch modes
The 54A Mower Deck is designed for maximum versatility, providing the greatest ease in changing from one mower discharge mode to another:
- With MulchControl, changing from side discharge to mulching or vice versa is done with the simple flip of a lever.
The MulchControl system for the 54A Mower Deck is an optional field-installed attachment and makes mulching practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching, but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge the lawn material. Advantages of mulching grass clippings include:
- A beautiful looking lawn
- Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
- Less fertilizer use
- Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
How MulchControl works
MulchControl is an innovative, simple design that is easy to use and maintain:
- The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
The MulchControl baffle, or divider, between the left and middle spindles is about halfway down. The height is designed to balance the mulching and side-discharge modes.
When the MulchControl baffle is open, the divider between the left and middle spindles passes a portion of the material to the discharge opening, along with the material from the middle and right spindle areas.
- When the MulchControl baffle is closed, the material stays within the deck and gets chopped into mulch and deposited in the turf.
- The MulchControl handle is located on top of the mower deck and used to open and close the discharge baffle.
- The operator is required to get off the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
- Changing from mulching to side discharge or vice versa takes only a few seconds.
MulchControl is well-suited to the following mowing situations:
- Usually mulch, but side discharge when grass gets too long
- Usually side-discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
- Always mulch a main lawn, but often side discharge secondary lawns
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. The operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side discharge when needed.
While in the side-discharge mode, MulchControl still mulches about one third of the material. Therefore, the side-discharge mode is essentially a partial-mulch mode. This can be an advantage as it helps to reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
- When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
- When cutting in wet, high-growth conditions, such as those found in the Pacific Northwest United States
NOTE: A rear bagger is not available for the ZTrak Z355E, Z355R, Z365R, or Z375R.
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience when operating all controls:
Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
Controls are color coded for easy identification.
Low-fuel warning light is easily visible in daylight.
Twin-lever controls adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
A shock absorber dampens motion control lever movement to give smooth operation.
Comfortable seats make the operator experience more pleasant. Armrests included on the Z345R, Z355R, and Z375R seat can be flipped up out of the way, if desired:
Z345R, Z355R, and Z375R – 18-in. (46-cm) high seat back with adjustable armrests
Two steel coil suspension springs under the seat absorb shocks when traveling over rougher areas to provide a smoother ride.
The seat has a 2.5-in. (6.35-cm) fore-aft adjustment. The cut-height pin/socket can be used to loosen the bolts in order to make seat adjustments.
Cup holder and storage compartments
The cup holder is designed to hold two common cup sizes securely.
Covered storage under the seat and open storage along the left side of the vehicle provide safe and secure places for the operator to keep safety equipment, a cell phone, etc.
Operator foot platform
Large foot platform helps the operator remain comfortable and secure:
- Volcano grips give a secure grip.
- Raised footrests at the front of the platform provide a comfortable area for the operator's feet.
A convenient service interval decal provides basic maintenance information. It provides a quick reference for keeping recommended service up to date.
Quick response (QR) codes link to owner information web pages
John Deere riding lawn mowers are supported by owner information web pages that include links to:
- Safety and how-to videos
- Operator’s manuals
- Parts catalog
- Maintenance reminder sheets
- Warranty statements
To To speed access to owner information web pages, a QR code is printed onto a PIN label located under the seat on the battery cover. Since each vehicle model has its own web page, the links are specific to the owner’s model. The QR code also includes the vehicle’s unique PIN which allows for additional customization of the owner information web page in the future.
Mower deck access
The footrest area is hinged and easily raised for service to mower deck:
- It is necessary to remove just one bolt that can be conveniently removed with the lift-height pin.
Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
Provides convenient access to the mower drive
The engines are easy to service, including changing the oil and the oil filter and servicing the air filter.
The Z365R engine has the John Deere Easy Change™ 30-second oil change system.
Accel Deep™ Mower Decks have several features that make them easy to service:
- Flat-top design minimizes places for debris to collect.
- Spring-loaded, flip-up belt guards make removing debris easy.
- Provision is provided for a standard, 3/8-in. (9.5-mm) ratchet wrench to be used for releasing belt tension when removing the drive belt.
Tie-down locations are provided for convenience and safety when trailering the machine.
The motion-control levers can be adjusted to two height settings and nine fore-aft settings for a total of 18 different positions:
Increased operator comfort
Adjustable for more precise control of the machine
A standard shock absorber for the motion-control levers makes maneuvering ZTrak™ Mowers easy and comfortable:
Shock absorber modulates the movement of control levers for smoother operation.
Operator can smoothly and precisely control the machine.
On-board tracking adjustment from the operator seat is quick and easy. The cut-height pin includes a 13-mm wrench and doubles as a convenient tool for adjusting tracking and the motion-control lever position.
The operator control panel is conveniently located and easy to use. The following instruments and controls are included:
- Hour meter
- Low fuel warning light
- Ignition switch
- Power take-off (PTO) control
- Engine speed/choke control
- A choke position is built into the engine speed control.
The park brake is conveniently located:
- Large lever is easy to use.
- Lever is color-coded for easy identification.
- Park brake effectively holds the machine in the parked position.
- Park brake must be engaged (in the upper position) to start the engine.
- Once the engine is started, the park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers.
Mower deck lift/cut-height adjustment
- Mower deck cutting height adjusts from 1 in. (2.5 cm) to 4 in. (10.2 cm) in 0.25-in. (0.64-cm) increments for excellent cut quality and performance.
- Mower deck adjustment has built-in memory so the operator can easily return to the desired cutting height after raising the deck.
The Z345R, Z355R, Z365R, and Z375R include a foot-lift pedal along with the hand-lift lever to make raising the mower deck easier. The foot-lift pedal also provides a convenient way to temporarily raise the mower deck over an obstruction while mowing.
Heavy-duty PTO clutch
The PTO clutch is designed to operate through many on/off cycles.
CAUTION: Children or bystanders may be injured by rotating blades. Before traveling forward or rearward:
- Carefully check the area around the machine.
- Disengage the mower before backing up.
NOTE: Operating the mower while backing up is strongly discouraged.
A switch senses if the hopper is installed. If the hopper is not installed and the PTO switch is actuated, the PTO will not operate.
A brake interlock switch is provided so the tractor will not start unless the brake is depressed or the parking brake set.
A tractor seat switch will turn off the PTO if the operator leaves the tractor seat; it will also shut-down the engine if the park brake is not set and the operator leaves the seat.
Either the operator needs to be in the seat or the hopper or deflector needs to be installed for the engine to run.
Steering is easy with large diameter front caster wheels
Motion-control levers are designed for comfortable and easy operation.
A shock absorber is included to dampen the movement of the control levers so any operator can make smooth, controlled turns.
Pneumatic caster wheels give a smoother ride and easier steering:
- Large diameter front caster wheels provide extra ride comfort and better steering control.
- Caster wheels have sealed bearings for long life and easy steering.
- Tires are sized for the size and weight of the vehicle.
|ZTrak™ model||Caster wheel tire size|
|Z335E, Z345M, Z345R||11x4.0-5|
|Z355E, Z355R, Z365R, Z375R||13x5.0-6|
Controls are designed to promote safe operation
- Park brake must be engaged for the engine to crank.
- Motion-control levers must be in the outward position for the engine to crank.
- Premium control levers on the Z345R, Z355R, Z365R, and Z375R are painted green and have a unique shape and size for more comfortable operation.
- Park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers or the engine will stall.
- Seat interlock switch disengages the mower when the operator leaves the seat.
- Engine will stall if the operator leaves the seat without the motion-control levers in the outward position and the park brake set.
ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits:
Better slope performance
More operator comfort over uneven ground
The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use:
- Easy to get on and off the mower
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Adjustable motion-control levers for height and position, enabling the operator to stay comfortable while using them
- Color-coded and logically placed controls
Styling is both functional and attractive
The styling of ZTrak Mowers is functional and attractive to appeal to residential owners who value product appearance and the easy, comfortable operation that comes with thoughtful control designs:
Color-coded controls are not only attractive, but easy to find and use.
Large foot platform, surrounded by frame rails, has a safe and inviting appearance and provides easy access for the operator.
Contoured shape of the fenders provides improved visibility to the drive tires, minimizes storage space required, and adds to the stylish appearance of the vehicle.
Heavy-duty welded steel frame for reliability and long life
The ZTrak frame includes 1- x 1.5-in. (2.5- x 3.8-cm) steel tubing for long-term durability:
Heavy-duty frame tubing provides a solid support.
Reinforced frame offers additional strength where needed.
Dual transmissions efficiently power the ZTrak™ mower forward and reverse and give steering capability:
- Transmissions are set low in the vehicle for excellent hillside stability.
Hydro-Gear® transmissions are reliable and durable.
- Beefed-up 1-in. (2.5-cm) axles for greater strength
- Maintenance-free unitized transmissions are sealed and have no hose connections to leak hydraulic fluid.
Four-bolt hubs provide a reliable and convenient wheel-mounting system.
Tow-valve controls are provided for each transmission and located above the vehicle frame on either side of the engine:
- Easy to reach and use
- Allow the vehicle to be moved without the engine running
Hydro-Gear is a trademark of Hydro-Gear Limited Partnership AF Holding Company, a Delaware Corporation and Danfoss Power Solutions (US) Company, a Delaware Corporation.
The fuel tank holds 2.1 U.S. gal. (8 L) of fuel. It is located low on the left side of the machine:
- Fuel-fill opening is located low and angled for easy refueling.
- Large, 2-in. (5.1-cm) fuel-fill opening reduces the chance of spilling when adding fuel.
- Cap is tethered to the fuel tank.
- Less chance of fuel cap getting lost
The low fuel warning light is clearly visible in daylight.
Keep a mower running its best and know how it mows with the John Deere MowerPlus app. Simply scan the mower’s barcode to get custom information about the mower.
- Engine hours, fuel level, and battery health (as compatible)
- Mowing history with time, distance, area, and speed
- Current day and five-day weather forecast based on location
- Walk-through setup guides
- Expert mowing tips
- Useful attachments for future purchase
- Periodic maintenance reminders
- Safety instructions
To download the free MowerPlus app, visit the Apple® App Store® or Google Play™ store.
MowerPlus connectors (sold separately)
Three MowerPlus connectors are available to transmit vehicle information to the MowerPlus app.
BUC10510 MowerPlus Hour Meter Connector is for use with:
- Model year 2003 to 2020 100 Series Tractors, including all models with an E, D, LA, or L prefix
- Model year 2015 to 2020 S240 Tractors (serial number -880,000)
- S100, S110, S140, and S220 Tractors
BUC10929 MowerPlus Deluxe Smart Connector is for use with:
- All S120, S130, S160, S170, and S180 Tractors
- Model year 2021 and newer S240 Tractors (serial number 880,001-)
- Model year 2021 and newer Z515E, Z530M, Z530R, and Z545R (serial number 010,001-)
BUC10537 MowerPlus Smart Connector is for use with:
- Model year 2016 and newer Select Series X300 and X500 Tractors
All the MowerPlus connectors transmit engine hour information to the app, making it easy to track maintenance intervals. The MowerPlus Smart Connector and MowerPlus Deluxe Smart Connector also transmit the fuel level.
MowerPlus connectors require the MowerPlus app on a mobile device to use. The John Deere MowerPlus app and operating system requirements can be found in the mobile device’s app store. The MowerPlus app is only available in the English language, and it is not available in all countries. BUC10510 MowerPlus Hour Meter Connector requires iOS® version 10 or higher and is not compatible with Android™ operating systems.
Apple and App Store are trademarks of Apple, Inc. Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google LLC. iOS is a trademark of Cisco Technology, Inc. used under license by Apple Inc.
Specs & Compare
|Specs & Compare|
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
ZTrak™ Mower with 54-in. Deck
|Engine power||25 hp
|Engine model number||M44 Extended Life Series (ELS)|
|Forward speed||0-7 mph
|Front caster tires||13x5-6|
|Seat back height||Medium back with armrests, 18 in.
|Width of cut||Accel Deep™ mower deck, 54 in.
|Mulching system||Optional MulchControl™ attachment|
|U.S. warranty||year or 120 hour bumper-to-bumper* (*Term limited to years or hours used, whichever comes first, and varies by model. See the LIMITED WARRANTY FOR NEW JOHN DEERE TURF AND UTILITY EQUIPMENT at JohnDeere.com or JohnDeere.ca/TUWarranty for details.)|
|Model number||M44 Extended Life Series (ELS)|
|Displacement||44.2 cu in.
|Lubrication||Full pressure with replaceable filter, capacity, 2 U.S. qt
|Choke/speed control||Single lever|
|Fuel tank capacity||2.1 U.S. gal.
|Fuel gauge||Low-fuel light|
|Dual hydros||Hydro-Gear EZT with 1-in. (2.5-cm) axles|
|Forward speed||0-7 mph
|Reverse speed||0-3.5 mph
|Speed and direction control||Twin premium levers|
|Control adjustment||2-height/9-fore-aft, 18 positions|
|Frame||Heavy-duty frame tubing|
|Front caster tires||13x5-6|
|Front caster bearings||Sealed ball bearings|
|Service interval decal||Yes|
|Seat back height||Medium back with armrests, 18 in.
|Fore-aft adjustment||While seated, 2.5 in.
|Seat suspension||Two springs|
|Type||Hand lever and foot lift|
|Mower cut height||1-4 in.
|Cut height increments||0.25 in.
|Preset cut height||Yes|
|Width of cut||Accel Deep™ mower deck, 54 in.
|Mower deck material||10 gauge
|Mower drive system||V-belt|
|Type||Electric, 105 lb-ft
|Overall length||72.2 in.
|Width without mower||44 in.
|Width with mower||68.8 in.
|Width with mower (deflector raised for storage)||59.7 in.
|Weight||With mower and fuel, 590 lb
|Rollover protective structure (ROPS)||No|
|Slope operating limit||13 degrees|
|Operator presence system||Yes|
|Park brake interlock||Yes|
|Note 1||Mower wash port makes cleaning the deck easier|
|Note 2||Flip-up foot platform for easy service access|
|Note 3||18-position adjustable motion-control levers|
|U.S. warranty||2 year or 120 hour bumper-to-bumper* (*Term limited to years or hours used, whichever comes first, and varies by model. See the LIMITED WARRANTY FOR NEW JOHN DEERE TURF AND UTILITY EQUIPMENT at JohnDeere.com or JohnDeere.ca/TUWarranty for details.)|
|Mulching system||Optional MulchControl™ attachment|
|Rubber floor mat||Standard|
|Mounted sprayer||Not available|
|Light kit||Dual headlight kit|
|Material collection system||Not available|
Learn more about financing options for this piece of equipment including:
- John Deere Revolving Plan account
- John Deere Multi-Use account
- Installment financing options
- Equipment leasing
- 10 Year Platinum Warranty Package
Get a quote