455 Front-Folding Grain Drill
- Patented active hydraulic down-pressure system
- Double-disk furrow openers
- Seedbox capacities
- Grass seed attachment
- Gordon, NE - 1 available
Seed boxes have a large capacity for longer intervals between stops for refilling.
Plain grain or combination grain/fertilizer seed boxes are available to match the producer's needs.
The versatile grain/fertilizer box has a three-position divider that can be set for 100 percent grain, 60 percent grain, or 40 percent grain.
|100 percent grain||60 percent grain||40 percent grain|
|Grain, L/m (bu/ft)||324 (2.8)||320 (2.76)||168 (1.82)||152 (1.35)|
|Fertilizer, kg/m (lb/ft)||---||---||168 (113)||226 (152)|
|Total, L/m (bu/ft)||324 (2.8)||320 (2.76)||3.4 (393)||3.4 (393)|
- The bulkheads in the seedbox reduce material shifting in the box for increased seeding efficiency.
- A sight glass, located near the end of the box, allows the operator to view seed level at a glance.
- Steel footboards with 25.4-mm (1-in.) diameter perforations allow convenient, safe access to the seed/fertilizer boxes.
- In-line box design allows quick and easy filling.
A grass seeder attachment is available (see attachments in the Ag Sales Manual). The grass seeder attaches to the front of the seedbox and is commonly used for grasses and alfalfa.
Tank shield plates are available from Parts (see attachment for field conversion),
- Protects box-end panels from damage
- Ideal for operating in very irregular terrain, where box panels could contact each other
Front-folding frame allows for narrow transport
A fully hydraulic front fold/unfold system makes folding on the 455 Drills, for transport a true one-person operation.
- Requires less than 5 minutes to fold or unfold
- Transport width is narrow as 4.6 m (15 ft, 2 in.)
High opener transport clearance allows moving over ditches, railroad crossings, and other trouble spots without worry.
Opener to road clearance:
- 533.4-mm (21-in.) on 9.15-m (30-ft) and 10.7-m (35-ft) models
- 457.2-mm (18-in.) on 7.6-m (25-ft) model
Units are raised and lowered for transport with standard equipment-lift cylinders:
- Two 76.2-mm x 203.2-mm (3-in. x 8-in.) cylinders on 7.6-m (25-ft) drill
- Two 88.9-mm x 254-mm (3.5-in. x 10-in.) cylinders on 9.15-m (30-ft) and 10.7-m (35-ft) drills
There are four frame-mounted tires: 11L-15, 10 PR rib implement on all three drill sizes.
Warning lights are in base equipment for improved visibility when transporting.
Specs & Compare
|Specs & Compare|
Front-Folding Grain Drill
|Plain grain - 25||70 bu|
|Plain grain - 30|
|Plain grain - 35|
|Grain/Fertilizer - 25||85|
|Grain/Fertilizer - 30|
|Grain/Fertilizer - 35|
|Spacing - 25||6, 7.5, 10 in.|
|Spacing - 30|
|Spacing - 35|
15, 2 ft, in.
6, 11 ft, in.
|Number of Openers||
30, 40, 50
6, 7.5, 10 in.
13.5 offset 0.25 in.
Standard 2 x 13 in.
SeedStar or ComputerTrak 250, 350, 450
Learn more about financing options for this piece of equipment including:
- John Deere Revolving Plan account
- John Deere Multi-Use account
- Installment financing options
- Equipment leasing
- 10 Year Platinum Warranty Package
Winter Maintenance with 21st Century Equipment
Posted: November 30, 2022
When preparing for the winter months, it is essential to ensure your equipment has been properly taken care of. In doing so, your machine will have an extended life span, and you will be prepared in the hopes of an early spring!
Wheat Harvest Safety Tips from 21st Century Equipment
Posted: May 31, 2022
Amber waves of grain are spotted with John Deere green, as equipment like S-Series and X-Series combines get to work. Inside these mighty machines are farmers with families who love them. This wheat harvest season, we encourage sensible safety measures like the below.
How to choose the right oil for your machine
Posted: August 11, 2021
When it comes to servicing your equipment properly, it feels like there are just so many options. Let’s explore different types of oils available and identify what to use in your hardworking equipment, from work trucks to irrigation pivots to tractors.
Get a quote