Flail Mowers and Shredders
390 Offset Flail Mower
- Adjustable cutting height
- Available with a 12 or 26-inch offset
- Heavy-duty gearbox and drive shaft
- Reliable, heavy-duty HC section belts
Heavy-duty gearbox and drive shaft
All John Deere flail mowers feature this rugged, heavy-duty gearbox with a continuous 65-hp rating and an intermittent 90-hp rating. Another feature included is a five-year, unlimited-hour warranty.
Base equipment side-slicer knives or optional smooth-cut knives available
Base equipment side-slicer knives are good all-purpose knives. They provide aggressive cutting action in tough conditions.
The side-slicer knife characteristics are as follows:
- Knives are made of heat-treated alloy steel for durability.
- Individual knife weight, along with the centrifugal force created, provides an aggressive cutting action.
- Edges are ground to provide a sharp cutting surface and reduced horsepower requirements.
Smooth-cut knives can be ordered as an option:
- Smooth-cut knives utilize the same mountings as the side-slicer knives.
- These optional knives are good for grassy, weedy conditions and are self-cleaning.
- Knives can also be resharpened for added wear life.
Heavy-duty hood and end plates
The hood and end plates are designed for heavy-duty applications:
- Hood is made of 0.48-cm (0.188-in.) thick steel to resist denting and wear.
- End plates are made of 0.64-cm (0.250-in.) thick steel to provide structural support and resistance to side thrusts.
- Full-length torque tube helps prevent twisting when operating on uneven ground.
All machines have a Category 2/1 3-point hitch. Bushings or reversible pins are included for Category 2/1 compatibility.
The 360, 370, and 390 Mowers with centrally mounted hitches are suited for normal cutting conditions:
- 360 Mower is compatible with quick-coupler Category 1 only.
370 and 390 Mowers are compatible with quick-coupler Category 1 and 2.
The 390 Mower with a 30.5-cm or 66-cm (12-in. or 26-in.) hitch offset to the right is ideal for trimming along walls, buildings, trees with low-lying branches, fences, or orchards.
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
Offset Flail Mower
|Blades - Number|
|Blades - Type|
|Rotor - Diameter|
|Tractor horsepower required - Minimum|
|Tractor horsepower required - Maximum|
|Weight - Approximate|
Offset 0.3 or 0.7 m
12 or 26 in.
|Cutting height||13 to 127 mm
0.5 to 5 in.
|Hood thickness||4.8 mm
|Number||168 (84 pairs)|
|Type||Heat-treated Reversible Side-slice (Optional Smooth-cut Cupped Knives)|
|Gear case (cont. rating)|
|Belts||2-section 5VX-2 notched|
|Gauge roller||140 mm
Tractor HP Required
|Quick-coupler compatible||Yes (Category 1 and 2)|
|Overall width||2.5 m
|Overall height||0.99 m
|Overall length||1 m
Learn more about financing options for this piece of equipment including:
- John Deere Revolving Plan account
- John Deere Multi-Use account
- Installment financing options
- Equipment leasing
- 10 Year Platinum Warranty Package
Winter Maintenance with 21st Century Equipment
Posted: November 30, 2022
When preparing for the winter months, it is essential to ensure your equipment has been properly taken care of. In doing so, your machine will have an extended life span, and you will be prepared in the hopes of an early spring!
Wheat Harvest Safety Tips from 21st Century Equipment
Posted: May 31, 2022
Amber waves of grain are spotted with John Deere green, as equipment like S-Series and X-Series combines get to work. Inside these mighty machines are farmers with families who love them. This wheat harvest season, we encourage sensible safety measures like the below.
How to choose the right oil for your machine
Posted: August 11, 2021
When it comes to servicing your equipment properly, it feels like there are just so many options. Let’s explore different types of oils available and identify what to use in your hardworking equipment, from work trucks to irrigation pivots to tractors.
Get a quote