Flail Mowers and Shredders
370 Flail Mower
- Heavy-duty gearbox and drive shaft
- Heavy-duty hood and end plates
- Side-slicer knives or optional smooth-cut knives available
- Cheyenne, WY (1 available) - 307-638-8669
All John Deere flail mowers feature this rugged, heavy-duty gearbox with a continuous 65-hp rating and an intermittent 90-hp rating. Another feature included is a five-year, unlimited-hour warranty.
Base equipment side-slicer knives are good all-purpose knives. They provide aggressive cutting action in tough conditions.
The side-slicer knife characteristics are as follows:
- Knives are made of heat-treated alloy steel for durability.
- Individual knife weight, along with the centrifugal force created, provides an aggressive cutting action.
- Edges are ground to provide a sharp cutting surface and reduced horsepower requirements.
Smooth-cut knives can be ordered as an option:
- Smooth-cut knives utilize the same mountings as the side-slicer knives.
- These optional knives are good for grassy, weedy conditions and are self-cleaning.
- Knives can also be resharpened for added wear life.
The hood and end plates are designed for heavy-duty applications:
- Hood is made of 0.48-cm (0.188-in.) thick steel to resist denting and wear.
- End plates are made of 0.64-cm (0.250-in.) thick steel to provide structural support and resistance to side thrusts.
- Full-length torque tube helps prevent twisting when operating on uneven ground.
All machines have a Category 2/1 3-point hitch. Bushings or reversible pins are included for Category 2/1 compatibility.
The 360, 370, and 390 Mowers with centrally mounted hitches are suited for normal cutting conditions:
- 360 Mower is compatible with quick-coupler Category 1 only.
370 and 390 Mowers are compatible with quick-coupler Category 1 and 2.
The 390 Mower with a 30.5-cm or 66-cm (12-in. or 26-in.) hitch offset to the right is ideal for trimming along walls, buildings, trees with low-lying branches, fences, or orchards.
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
|Blades - Number|
|Blades - Type|
|Rotor - Diameter|
|Tractor horsepower required - Minimum|
|Tractor horsepower required - Maximum|
|Weight - Approximate|
|Cutting height||13 to 127 mm
0.5 to 5 in.
|Hood thickness||4.8 mm
|Number||122 (66 pairs)|
|Type||Heat-treated Reversible Side-slice (Optional Smooth-cut Cupped Knives)|
|Gear case (cont. rating)|
|Belts||Heavy-duty HC section|
|Gauge roller||140 mm
Tractor HP Required
|Overall width||2.1 m
|Overall height||0.99 m
|Overall length||1 m
Learn more about financing options for this piece of equipment including:
- John Deere Revolving Plan account
- John Deere Multi-Use account
- Installment financing options
- Equipment leasing
- 10 Year Platinum Warranty Package
Get a quote