Flail Mowers and Shredders
25A Flail Mower
- Adjustable cutting height
- Uses a heavy-duty gearbox with a rating of 65 hp
- Compatible with any Category 1 3-point hitch
The roller can be set at four different cutting heights, from 1.3 cm to 12.7 cm (1/2 in. to 5 in.) The tractor's 3-point hitch upper link is used to regulate the cutting height between these positions.
All mowers use a heavy-duty gearbox with a continuous rating of 65 hp.
The power is transmitted through fully shielded, telescoping drive shafts with quick-attach and detach characteristics for easy hookup.
A three-bank, counterbalanced rotor is equipped with 36 individually replaceable knives:
Rotor revolves at 1850 rpm to produce a 152.9-km/h (95-mph) blade-tip speed for a clean cut.
- Knives are arranged on the rotor to provide uniform distribution of material across the full cutting width.
- Knives pivot at their mounting points to minimize damage if an obstruction is hit.
The 25A hitch is now compatible with any Category 1 3-point hitch (with or without the iMatch™ Quick-Coupler system).
iMatch compatibility starts with serial number 644700.
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
|Blades - Number|
|Blades - Type|
|Rotor - Diameter|
|Tractor horsepower required - Minimum|
|Tractor horsepower required - Maximum|
|Weight - Approximate|
|Cutting height||13 to 127 mm
0.5 to 5 in.
|Hood thickness||3.2 mm
|Number||72 (36 pairs)|
|Gear case (cont. rating)|
|Belts||Single HC section|
|Gauge roller||140 mm
Tractor HP Required
|Quick-coupler compatible||Yes (Category 1 and 2)|
|Overall width||2.53 m
|Overall height||0.99 m
|Overall length||1 m
Learn more about financing options for this piece of equipment including:
- John Deere Revolving Plan account
- John Deere Multi-Use account
- Installment financing options
- Equipment leasing
- 10 Year Platinum Warranty Package
Get a quote